Sunday, June 5, 2011

#14____Unknown vs. Familiar Space: When photography was invented, it became a way to document and reveal the specific aspects of both familiar and faraway places. Imagine a familiar place. Imagine a faraway place. How would you use photographs to convey the difference? Can you imagine any places that have been “touched” very little by humans? How might you photograph them?

This is a hard call because once you put the photos out there, they are opened up to everyone's different perspective. By this I mean, what is familiar to me will not be whats familiar to someone else and what is exotic to me will be familiar to someone else. I guess it's all relative. But if I wanted to take a photo of an exotic place and portray that it was exotic to me, I think I would need to include it in a series of photos of where I started to where I went. And to take a photo of somewhere that was "untouched" by humans I think I would want to do it from something that would not touch it. Like a helicopter. Or a plane. hmmm....Or a submarine.

No comments:

Post a Comment