Sunday, June 5, 2011

#15____In-Camera Collage: Collage brings together two or more items that were previously separate. The resulting piece usually visually references the fact that they were once separate entities. Imagine an important place in your past. Imagine an important place in your present. Imagine who you were in both of these past and present places. Describe how you might use a slow shutter speed and/or double exposure to capture two moments in one image that tell a new narrative about these important places and how they relate to who you are and were.

Hmmmm...I guess an important place to me in my past was my bedroom, it was the only place I had complete control over and I could make my nest and just be. Today the most important place is my home, although I share it with another person, it is my place of refuge and usually the only place I want to be. So I guess my bedroom has expanded in to a cape cod. If I were to try and show them collaged together I would try to make it look as if my childhood bedroom was morphing into a house. I think I would try do this by finding an old picture of my bedroom (since I can't go back and take a photo of it) and take a picture of my house, then layer them in photo shop. Merging parts of each to make a surreal photo. That would be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment