Monday, June 6, 2011

Historical Photographer Research: Emile Zola

"I am little concerned with beauty or perfection. I don't care for the great centuries. All I care about is life, struggle, intensity. I am at ease in my generation." - Emile Zola

EMILE ZOLA. A Restaurant, Taken from the First Floor or Staircase of the Eiffel Tower, Paris, 1900.
Gelatin silver print. Collection Dr. Francois Emile Zola, Gif-sur-Yvette, France.
   
Emile Zola was better known for being an author rather than a photographer. He was born in Paris and spent most of his childhood in southern France. He was a romantic novelist and later in life became a critic. He also thought that writers could shape the opinion of the public. He wrote many newspaper articles doing just that. 

For more information on him: http://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/ezola.htm.

No comments:

Post a Comment