Thursday, June 30, 2011

Assignment #6

My goal for this project was take photographs my friend who is a dancer around her town. As if her town is the stage she is dancing on and around. She is a dancer but she is also a normal person; she is married, has a job, has things she has to care of and because of this she doesn't get to dance as much as she would like to. I wanted to showcase this part of her life that she doesn't get to show very often. 

We took the photos at night, so all the lighting is from lights we found around town. We kind of had to search out lighting, which was fun because we didn't have control over it. I was forced to make due with what was around, because of this I got some really interesting and dramatic shots. Also, because of the lighting I had to use a long shutter speed, which meant that I couldn't get photos of her actually dancing...she was just a blur. So she had to hold her poses for as long as the shutter was open, which tested her endurance.

I was also trying to make her be on a stage but not always the focus. In a few of the images the surrounding kind takes center stage and she is simply a part of it. This works for me because we sometimes feel like we are not the center or focus of our lives, that we are just part of our surroundings.








No comments:

Post a Comment