Monday, June 27, 2011

Assignment #5

 I am going to do the written statements for all of theses images at once because they are all the same idea and very similar. I had a hard time with this project because I thought I needed to make something extravagant and I didn't have the time to do it. I was discouraged. So I started by taking images of my mannequin's around my house, as if they were real. But I wasn't happy with the result I was getting so exasperated I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I noticed the light on the ceiling. What a strange vantage point to see this light at...I took a picture of it. I then went around my house, laid on the floor, and took images of the lights around my house. The ceiling fans in my living room and dining room came out really interesting because the blades became a blur and look like a shadow. I really like how these are just everyday things that I pass by all the time and they look so much different from this perspective. I would like to use these images as a jumping off point for a larger project.



4 comments:

  1. i LOVE these.... at first I thought that the second one was sushi rolls.. These are great as a series and i would keep all 4 of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these images are great and very interesting. I love how they are simplified to shapes, lines, and repetition. At first you cannot even recognize them as lights, just interesting shapes and objects. I think they look great together as a series. The shadows that they create are wonderful, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The series reminds me of the pictures on Biology textbook I read in middle school... about Cell Division/Segmentation??! But I like the relationships among the light, the ceiling, and the shadows showed by the camera. It's a simple but interesting group of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This series is interesting, I really like the similar tones but then each lamp is different. I really like the idea of taking the same composition and frame but photographing different lamps with that idea.

    ReplyDelete